In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we asked our followers to share what they are most grateful for here in Litchfield County. Not surprisingly, our natural landscape, numerous great restaurants, and beautiful communities topped the list. We at Litchfield Magazine are very grateful for you, our followers, our subscribers, our advertisers, our co-workers, and this beautiful part of the world we live in. It is a privilege to share the best of Litchfield County with you every other month. We wish you all a happy Thanksgiving! Here in no particular order is the list, made by you!
1. All of the non-profits working hard to help those in need, especially during the holidays
2. All my Thanksgiving catering orders
3. Natural beauty. Events. Stories. People.
5. Farm fresh food and the farmers markets
7. Community Table restaurant
8. Green space and appreciation for the arts
9. Endless hiking trails and beautiful friends
10. Our land trusts who keep Litchfield County rural
11. The most amazing scenic views
12. So much gorgeous nature, the peace and quiet, being able to see the stars properly
13. Woodridge lake sunsets
14. The hiking!
15. Fabulous people and generous communities
16. Five Janes boutique
17. Bantam Bread. Nuff said
19. Steep Rock!
20. Small business shops and the sense of community
21. Arethusa al tavolo restaurant
22. White Memorial Boardwalk Loop
23. So many scenic views. Litchfield is just so beautiful to drive around!
24. Abundance of outdoor activities
25. Open space
26. The best restaurants nearby
27. Topsmead! Such a beautiful gem that is so well cared for!
28. The amazing small businesses
29. The endless walking trails and streams
32. The people that live here—relaxed and genuinely nice
33. Well of course the beautiful swimming pools that can be found throughout Litchfield County
34. The impressive art gallery scene
35. Amazing schools both public and private
36. All of the great boutiques and cute villages
37. Living in a community full of world class creatives