Living Well in Litchfield County, Connecticut

Colebrook General Store

According to the original store ledger, the Colebrook General Store was built and opened for business in 1803 by Martin and Solomon Rockwell. The original store, a one room, one story building, is known today as the Woodbine Cottage.  It stands directly behind the Colebrook Store. The need for a larger store to serve the growing population resulted with the Rockwell’s having master builder William Swift construct another building directly in front of the original one in 1812.

559 Colebrook Rd., Colebrook

  • Subscribe to our newsletter
  • Dumais Interior Design
    Karen Raines Davis